Sunday, December 13, 2015

Why it is Worth While to Take a Social Media Course

   I am very excited to share with you my experiences taking a social media marketing course at Central Connecticut State University. I enrolled in "MKT-350" taught by Dr. Chiang and was quite pleased with the outcome. I thought I knew quite a lot about social media marketing, but I learned much more during this course. What I got most out of the course was the meaning behind the four zones of social media marketing.

   The first zone is Social Community, which involved socializing and conversing with others in the social media community. This can be through online forum discussions, chat rooms, and Facebook groups. The second zone is Social Publishing. This involves anyone online publishing their ideas, studies, tips, and other information on their pages or on publishing sites like Blogger and Tumblr. When content is posted, others can comment and provide feedback . The third zone is Social Commerce. This zone involves the buying, selling, trading, and product reviews involved in making online purchases. Sites like Amazon and Ebay are great social commerce sites. People are allowed to rate and review products and sellers. Also, companies can interact with their followers, customers, or potential customers on sites like Facebook or Twitter when dealing their products. Lastly, the fourth zone is Social Entertainment. This zone involves interactive videos, video gaming, music, and art. Videos and other multimedia content dominates this zone, and is currently dominating social media. YouTube users can post content and others can provide feedback (the user can also reply).

   I also appreciated being exposed to other social media marketing engines that I wasn't very knowledgable of, like Parascope, FameBit, Pinterest, and Tumblr. Now I feel more comfortable using those engines as great social media marketing tools for myself or professional needs.

   This is why I recommend taking a social media marketing course at your local college. It is way worth the investment. Even if you don't own a business or are a part of marketing in your occupation; you can still use the social media tools to market yourself. I've also used the social media marketing techniques to sell some of my used belongings on forums. I learned from the Social Commerce zone when the best times to sell products are, and when people are most likely online viewing the content. With that said, over time I would be able to make my money back on the investment just by using social media marketing to sell products.

   For more information and to be a part of a great social community follow:

#CCSUMKT

No comments:

Post a Comment